Friday, December 30, 2005

Every Step You Take . . . Every Move You Make . . . My GPS Unit Will Be Watching You

Every Step You Take . . . Every Move You Make . . . My GPS Unit Will Be Watching You - Popular Science
hey fell for each other in grade school, in the sweetest of ways. In fifth-grade music class, she played saxophone; he played the snare drum. In high school biology, she held the frog while he wielded the scalpel. It was the sort of love story immortalized endlessly in romance novels and Top 40 long-distance dedications. “I thought when I married him it really would be ’till death do us part,’ ” she says now, still surprised that the marriage ended after 19 years. Ultimately, the romance had sputtered to a close, as so many love stories do. Unlike most love stories, though, this ending involved satellites.

Ahhhh, who says technology doesn't make things easier? A disturbing ,but unfortunately, unsuprising article from Popular Science about tech stalking. I will say that as soon as I read about the GPS enabled phones my first thought was exactly along the line of the article. Toss the old cell phone in the wife's trunk and track her in realtime over the web. I can't imagine why all the privacy people are up in arms about RFID.

No comments: